Waking up and walking into the bathroom can sometimes be a frightening sight. I look in the mirror and my hair is all over the place in many directions. My husband says I have crazy hair if he sees me before I can get to a brush.
The cold months is worse because I use warm fuzzy sheets that cause friction and sometimes spark with static electricity. I love my sheet. They are so cozy, but I am not impressed with my hair and the breakage too.
I decided to look into some solutions to my bed head when I came across Slip. Slip is a silk pillowcase and I admit a bit of a luxury item. I really thought about this for a long time. The king size is around $105 and the queen, $85. I finally made the purchase when I came across a 20% discount offer.
I must admit, I do love this pillowcase. It is soft, feels great against my skin, and stays cool. My hair glides across it and when I wake up, it is not all over the place. If I styled it the day before, it does a pretty good job of bouncing back with running my hands through my hair. The site has some additional benefits listed that I have copied below.
- Helps to reduce signs of friction, stretching and tugging on delicate facial skin
- Silk fibers promote the longevity hair and facial products
- Allows skin to glide along the pillow while reducing extra pressure on creased skin
- Resists pulling of hair cuticles and helps preserve style, volume and length of hair
- Recommended by dermatologists, plastic surgeons, hairdressers and beauty experts
If this doesn’t fit in your budget, Amazon offers another option for $25-$35. It won’t come in the cute packaging like Slip, but it is a nice alternative. I notice a difference between the two options, but I still find benefits in the lower priced version. I bought this version for my college age daughter and she loves it.